Monday, January 11, 2010

#alittlebirdietoldme




Follow me...

It kept on chirping and chirping in my ear with a high-pitched shrieking voice. One similar to the voice Kate uses to scream at her kids to be quiet in the background because they are disturbing her interview.


In fact, this dang bird was doing more than just chirping...it was tweet-tweet-tweeting non-stop. I could swear that I kept on hearing a creepy little voice saying, "Follow me! Follow me!". It reminded me of the Gollum's voice and I even imagined his little grubby hands updating his tweets on UberTwitter. His tweets would most likely involve just cursing out the other guys for destroying his precious ring or asking around to see if anyone else can make a new one.

Nonetheless, I have finally joined Twitter and I'm curious to see what fun adventures await me. Especially since I've always referred to tweets as glorified Facebook statuses. You and me both will find out. Yet, only time will tell...

However, I've been thinking about of a list of people I'd like to follow if they had a Twitter account. These esteemed people are:

1. Peter Griffin. Hands down the dumbest and funniest cartoon dad around.
2. Michael Scott from The Office. Also The Michael Scott Paper Company. Ah, what a simple, yet profound guy.
3. Dwight Schrute, also from Dunder Mifflin. No comment. Except freaking hilarious dude!
4. Dalai Lama. Or any monk. Someone who doesn't speak for a long period time must have a lot of pent-up things to say. Maybe even pent-up angry/funny/depends on how you interpret them/but still funny things to say.
5. OJ Simpson. Perhaps through his continual tweeting, he may one day slip up and we may indeed find out if he's guilty or not.
6. Chuck Norris. Only to know if he's about to roundhouse kick anywhere near my vicinity so I could move.

Well so begins another year, decade and crazy adventure...
Oh, you can foll find me on there at here....





or @loosecannondave

So it begins...
Aargh!


P.S. I've always told my friend and fellow blogger LiLu that she would be one reason I'd join Twitter. To simply follow her hilarious and entertaining texts. You should definitely follow her too @LivitLuvit
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 spoke already...add your 2¢:

Anonymous said...

OK so although I'm not on twitter anymore, I have some follow suggestions:
Marlon Wayans and shitmydadsays by far some of the funniest tweets I've ever read
John Mayer- funny and thought provoking at times
Thalovemovement - inspirational

There's probably more but those are off the top of my head.

Enjoy!

Dave "Loose Cannon" Wills said...

Dang! One less interesting person I could have followed. Now the results of my current social experiment may indeed be ruined... :)

Oh well, I'll take a look at the people you suggested.

michelle said...

woohoo! lol

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I joined Twitter around the same time I started my blog last year. Since coming back from the holidays, I find myself a little bored with Twitter. There's not really alot to do, and no matter what DO NOT follow the Kardashians, or Paris Hilton (actually most celebrities)they have way to much time to Twitter and talk alot of crap. (but then what do you expect from Paris Hilton, I should have known)

rachaelgking said...

Yessssssssssss. I knew I'd pull you in to my Twatter-y web!!!

;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails